2013 Special Needs Trusts - The National Conference
Oct. 16-18, 2013
Loews Don CeSar Hotel
St. Pete Beach, Fla.
Celebrating 15 years, Special Needs Trusts - The National Conference will provide an in-depth review of major issues presented in the creation, administration and monitoring of special needs trusts. The conference offers excellent speakers on basic and advanced topics for a variety of professionals who work in the field.
The Pre-Conference: Pooled Trustees (Wednesday, Oct. 16, 2013)
The pre-conference will focus on issues for pooled trust administrators, attorneys and those who work with pooled trustees.
The Conference (Oct. 17-18, 2013)
The National Conference is hosting a two-day main conference offering excellent speakers and support materials on basic and advanced topics for a variety of professionals who work in the field.
Session Highlights Include:
- POMS Change - Now What
- Over 65 and Transfers - An Update
- Working Together - Forging Relationships with Disability Organizations
- SSI Update
- Tax Matters for Pooled Trustees
- The SNT Decision-Tree
- You Just Think You Know the POMS - The POMS Roadmap, Why You Need to Care About the POMS and Really How To Use Them
- Yes It Is Your First SNT: The Five Key Drafting Issues and How to Address Them
- The ACA in 2014 - Six Things to Know About the ACA Affecting the Special Needs Families
- Tax Issues in 2013 and Beyond
- SNT Supporting Beneficiaries in Diminishing Public Benefits - Trustees Budgeting and Making Decisions; Counseling Clients On New Realities
- Family Relationships, Living Arrangements and the Impact On the Public Benefits
- Third-Party Reviews of Distributions; Anticipating Questions by the Court, Guardian Ad Litems and Agencies
- Appealing to Social Security for a Different Result - When SSA Says No, How to Convince Them You Are Right...and Get Paid
- The State of the Union: SNTs in 2013 and Beyond
- Consumer Protections in the Affordable Care Act
- The Trustee's Responsibility (or Not) to Oversee Public Benefit Access: Trust Law and Drafting Suggestions
- Third-Party SNTs - More Than Testamentary Dispositions
- MSA, Liens and Ahliborn Progeny - Still a Puzzle? Regulations and Process
- Set-Asides in Settlement Cases - Not Just for Medicare Anymore
- What Every SNT Lawyer Needs to Know About Special Education Advocacy
- The Update