3 CREDIT HOURS
Dorothea Beane, Professor of Law and Co-Director, Institute of Caribbean Law and Policy
Watch video for details about this program.
Students work under the direct supervision of government attorneys from various state agencies. Students routinely draft and prepare pleadings, motions, legal memorandum, and appellate briefs.
• Florida Attorney General's Office, Children's Legal Services Division (Tampa)
• Florida Attorney General's Office, Civil Legal Services Division (Tampa)
• Florida Attorney General's Office, Child Support Enforcement Unit (St. Petersburg)
• Florida Department of Law Enforcement, Tampa Regional Office
• 120 hours per semester;
• Classroom component; and
• 40 pages of research generated writing.
• Successful completion of all first-year required courses;
• Minimum 2.7 GPA (for Florida Attorney General placements);
• Pass background check;
• Successful completion of Evidence (preferred); and
• Approval by the Florida Attorney General's Office.
• Submit a completed application by the appropriate deadline (for more information, see www.law.stetson.edu/clinics); and
• Timely submit additional documentation as required for this program. (Students are notified of additional requirements after applying and being provisionally placed in the program.)