Florida Department of State Internship
7 Credit Hours
12 Credit Hours
Michael Allen, Professor of Law
Watch video for details about this program.
Students selected to participate in this internship program will work full time in the Office of the General Counsel of the Florida Department of State in Tallahassee. Under the direction of the General Counsel and/or the Deputy General Counsel, students will participate in all facets of the General Counsel's work, with a principal emphasis on the Department's role concerning elections in the State of Florida.
Note: Students are required to obtain their own housing.
• Florida Department of State (Tallahassee)
• 520 hours per semester (not available for fall 2012)
• Successful completion of all first-year required courses; and
• Be in good academic standing; and
• No legal employment/volunteering during internship semester.
• Submit a completed application by the appropriate deadline (for more information, see www.law.stetson.edu/clinics); and
• Timely submit additional documentation as required for this program. (Students are notified of additional requirements after applying and being provisionally placed in the program.)
IMPORTANT NOTE: This internship is not available in Summer 2013.