Low Income Taxpayers Clinic
5 Credit Hours
Cynthia Batt, Associate Professor
Students will work under the supervision of experienced attorneys at Gulfcoast Legal Services Low Income Taxpayer Clinic. Students will assist in all aspects of delivering dispute resolution services to low and moderate income taxypayers against the Internal Revenue Service. Students will engage in interviewing, counseling, research, drafting, negotiation and litigation of Federal Tax controversies.
• Gulfcoast Legal Services
• 200 hours (fall and spring), 280 hours (summer);
• Weekly classroom component;
• Detailed weekly report and timesheets; and
• Electronic journal entries (minimum of five).
• Successful completion of all first year courses;
• Be in good academic standing;
• Successful completion of Professional Responsibility;
• Successful completion of Tax strongly preferred; and
• Successful completion of Evidence and Interviewing, Counseling and Negotiation preferred but not required;
• Submit a completed application by the appropriate deadline (for more information, see www.law.stetson.edu/clinics); and
• Timely submit additional documentation as required for this program. (Students are notified of additional requirements after applying and being provisionally placed in the program.)